Wednesday, October 28, 2009

One Year!!

One year ago last night Luke was hit and one year ago today we flew out to San Diego to be with him. In some respects it has been the longest of years for us, and yet in others it doesn't seem that long ago that we were out there. It truly is a miracle that in this year he was able to go from the battered and broken body that we encountered when we arrived at his bed side, with all the tubes supplying air and nutrients to him and draining fluids from his wounds, as seen here, to seeing him walking, driving, fishing, tubing and hopefully soon returning to work.

Miracles happen through prayer and once again we express our deepest gratitude for all the support, through prayer, finances and friendships, that has been afforded to Luke.

So we note the passage of time, seeing remarkable progress and look to the future with anticipation for what God has in store!

---Bill

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings.
I am probably one of dozens of people who have come to this blog faithfully to get updates on Luke, but never left a comment. I do not know Luke personally, but I am the manager of the Border Patrol's Peer Support Program, so I feel a very close connection to Luke, and through him, all of you.
I just want to thank you for providing all the updates over this last year. My life has vicariously been made more meaningful through reading the story.
I wish you and Luke all the very best.

Anonymous said...

Cant believe its been a year...So thankful that I am still able to share in many laughs and great moments with Lukey! Praise be to the Great and Awesome God we have and all the angels we have looking after us!
Love you all,Jenna

Online Diary said...

wow!!! thanks to god...he still love us!!

Katie said...

I just saw Luke the other day at the station as I was coming into work. He looks great! I find it hard to believe its been over a year already. Luke has such a strong family, and his incredibly strong himself! I hope to see you all sometime in the future, maybe in PA! :)