Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 26 - One of those small steps back

Luke didn't do quite as well on his sprints today. This morning they tried starting him out at 5 but then had to raise him up to 15 before he got his breathing rate down. They also did a short sprint this afternoon, but again he couldn't stay at 5 for very long. They plan to have him sprint againg this evening when all is quiet and see how he does. He has a bit more congestion and is coughing more frequently. He does have a strong cough and the nurses are glad to see that.

He was semi-awake most of the time we were with him today. Again he responds to commands and will most of the time answer questions with a nod or shake of the head. Late this afternoon he was pretty restless and nodded that he was feeling some pain so the nurse upped his medications a bit.

It seems we are always expecting him to be getting better each day, but realize there are going to be these days when he takes that small step backwards. The bright spot of the day was when he gave us a couple of big smiles. What a tremendous blessing to our hearts!

Pray for continued healing in his lungs and of course for his body in general.

---Bill

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just checking up on Luke before going to bed. I pray that soon his good days will outway
the bad ones. His smiles must be worth a million to both of you. Try to take care of yourselves, too. God is at work or Luke
would not have come this far.
Hang in there. Our prayers are with all of you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Luke and Dithrich family,

Our continued thoughts and prayers from Redmond, Oregon to each of you. The Lord keeps giving me "sign and a wonder" for you. Know that Luke is in HIS hands and angels surround his bed.

Isaiah 53: By HIS stripes!

The Pengra Family

Anonymous said...

Bill and Paula, I'll continue to lift both of you and your son up in my prayers, again and again, again and again. Thanks for the daily reports.

Anonymous said...

I am new to the blog, I took the time to read through all of the postings this afternoon. I knew Luke in High school He is such a great person I am so saddened by this accident. I can only imagine what you are going through as his family. I pray that Luke continues to get stronger, He is very blessed to have you by his side! I added Luke to my church prayer list in Tallahassee, Florida. Thank you for keeping up with these blogs! and Wish Luke a happy birthday Tuesday for me!
Liz Lambert

Anonymous said...

Bill and Paula, We are following Luke's progress daily. Thanks for keeping us informed. I seems there are way more good days than bad ones, God knows what is best. Both of you and especially Luke are in our prayers. God bless you all.
Jim&Judy Morneweck